Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Drugstore Makeup Haul

Hey yall! I said that I would tell you guys about my makeup haul and how the products were so here it is. Just for future reference this is a beauty blog but occasionally I'll tell you guys about what I got from beauty stores when I feel like can make really creative looks that I don't normally do. That's what I did with this haul if you follow me on my twitter than you can go there to see the look, but it'll be at the end of this post too.

So here's what I got! I got all these all for under a little over 35 dollars. From left to right there are the two nail polishes both from Sally Hansen in the shades Ginger Zinger(255) and Giant Peach(185). Next were the three lip pencils from Rimmel London all from the collection Lasting Finish, and the shades are Spice(011), Mauve Shimmer(009), and Wine(061). Next two were cream waterproof eyeshadows from the NYCs Cityproof waterproof eyeshadow collection, and they're in the shades Easter River Romance(650) and Central Park Tulip(640). The two after the eyeshadows are these beautiful lipsticks by Wet Wild from their Mega Last collection, and they're in the shades Ravin' Raisin(915D) and Cinnamon Spice(917B). The last few things that were pictured above was a mascara and a face primer, L'Oreal Paris Telescopic in the shade Carbon Black(935) and Maybelline New york's Masterprime by Face Studio in the shade Blur+Smooth(100)
left to right: Rimmel Lip liners(011,009,061) then the NYC waterproof eyeshadows(650,640) and lastly the Wet Wild lipsticks(917B,(915D)


First, I wanted to talk about the lip liners because the formula for them is great for pencils to me. They are not hard to apply and great to wear under the Rimmel liners which I did in the look below. On the packing, it says that it is a stay on lip contouring pencil and i agree. With this pencil, you can just wear it by itself had a beautiful matte look, you can wear just on the outer corners and then blend in with you fingers or fill the whole lip in.

Second, the NYC eyeshadows so pretty. I wanted some pretty cool colors because for my light-skinned and dark-skinned  ladies we look amazing in purples so I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and try a pretty purple look. The shadows are in a pencil form which makes the applying process a lot easier if you need to put in small spots on the lid. The only things I didn't think about when buying the shadows was that they had sparkles in them, and in my look that I wanted to do I wanted the purple to be matte because my crease would be sparkly. Regardless, the look actually came out just as pretty with the sparkle in it. Central Park Tulips(purple) was not as pigmented as East River Romance so when I added CPT I used the purple shade in my Too Faced Chocolate bar palette to help the color pop out a bit. (That's the Sally Hansen polish by the way)

Third, are the Wet Wild lipsticks and they are so pigmented! I'm surprised because back when I had the company's lipstick I just though their lipsticks were not long last lasting and sheer, but these are great. It's a semi-matte so not completely drying and it's suppose to last for 4 hours which is good if you're just going to go to class or you have to head out to the dining halls before they close. The collection they were 1.49 at my exchange and that is a really good cheap price especially for us college students times is hard lol. The collection has over 26 shades to choose from and they are available at pretty much every drugstore.


no eyebrows lol

So when it comes to this mascara let me tell ya it's as great as all the Youtubers said it was. Lengthening, great for bottom lashes, spidery, just great! I wore it in the very last pic of this post and I fell in love with the first coat, but the second coat is the topper of the cake. You go L'Oreal!

The primers pretty good, I've only had it on twice and each time it did a fairly good job. I have really oily skin so it didn't wow me but for drugstore I would say it's my go to until I find another. It definitely blurs so if you have somewhat oily skin and you don't want to wear a full face of makeup wear this product just to get rid of the oil and look smooth.

When it comes toe polishes they are both great! I especially love the Complete Salon Manicure in Ginger Zinger because it such a comforting color and the color will stay on for a week maybe more. I went to Paris for the fourth and I painted them the 2nd, when the next week came around there were no chips whatsoever. I put the Giant peach on my feet only and that lasted long too, but it's on your feet and those don't chip as bad as your fingers obviously.




This post is already super long but here is how my look turned out :) Try theses products, take pictures, and send them to me I would love to see them(Link in the sidebar). If you didn't like the products let me know because it's probably something I hadn't even noticed. Hope you like the look though and I will see you guys in my next post!




No comments:

Post a Comment